I'm new to this Blog stuff!!!

Right now both babies are playing nicely so it gives me a few minutes to work on my new Blog page. I love being a Mom to my little babies Johnny and Cameron. They make me happy. I like taking them to the park, pool, Aunt Erin’s, and on field trips. Some times we get Abbie (grandma) to go with us!!! We do something fun everyday.

My favorite part of the day is when Daddy gets home!!! I love the sound of the garage door opening around 6:30 in the afternoon!!! I’m sure all moms that read this like that sound too.



Sunday, September 7, 2008

Disneyland is your land!!!

Yea Mickey!!! I did it!!! Give me five!!!


One more mile....just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming swimming!!! Or should I say running :)


The group!!! We had a great time!!! Let's do it again next year!!!


Here is a play by play of how I did during the race. Before I got to Disneyland my goal was to finish the race. After going to the expo and talking to my trainer (my sister) I said 3 hours or close to it. At mile 3 I was having fun running through Disneyland so the new goal was to run 9 miles and walk only after that. When I hit mile 9 I was feeling good. I only had a few pains and started to think about all the sacrifices others had to make for me to make this race and trip happen. My wonderful husband staying home to be the 24 hour parent for 3 days. My Mom taking care of my babies on Friday. My babies living without their Mommy. My sister for taking time away from her family on Wednesday nights to run with me. My Dad for giving me money!!! A lot of people were sacrificing a lot for me to do this so I needed to do it right...Finish Strong!!!! I ran the full 13.1 miles and finished the race in 2 hours and 34 minutes. I was very happy with my time and performance!!! It was a great race!!! If you want to do a 1/2 marathon...do this one!!! It was so much fun!!!

1 comment:

rebecca said...

You go, girl!!! What an awesome accomplishment! I am going to try to do a 1/2 marathon soon. This looks like it would've been the best one to do.